"Your mailbox is over its size limit" Message
When your mailbox has exceeded the size limit, you will receive an automated message from the Exchange System Administrator. For more information on mailbox limits click here.
The message will look similar to the following:
Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 40822 KB.
Mailbox size limits:
You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 40000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using or move them to your personal folder file (.pst). Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent Items folders count against your size limit. You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space will not be freed.
See client Help for more information.
Steps to reduce the size of your mailbox
- Determine mailbox size. To find out your detailed mailbox size click here.
Clean up your mailbox by:
- Emptying your Deleted Items folder
- Delete unneeded emails in your Sent Items Folder
- Delete unneeded emails in your Drafts folder
- Create a Personal folder and move items from the Exchange Server to your systems hard drive. For more information about creating a personal folder click here.